Thursday, November 25, 2010

Please pass the butter??

Well here it is..Thanksgiving. The day when family and friends get together to fight over a delicious meal. =] Actually last Thanksgiving was awesome...this year it is sorta lonely. I stopped going to Memphis Tennessee to see my extended family because they are crazy. Generally when I tell people this they say their family is crazy as well. And at this point in the conversation I simply laugh. Maybe I am biased but I really must think that my family is slightly crazier than others.

To prove my point let me give this wonderful example and fond memory from my childhood.

Grandmother: let's eat some mac and cheese for lunch
Me: umm no I think I am just going to eat these chips and drink this coke
Grandmother: well your just being picky. you need to eat real food.
me: well your food is old
My mom: JENNIFER! that's rude!
Me: no...it's the truth.

My grandmother proceeds to make the mac and cheese. My Mother and sister ate it.

My mom: hm that mac and cheese did taste sorta funny....
30 min later
mom and sister are both sick, mom goes and checks how old the contents of the mac and cheese are....the butter my grandmother used was 9 YEARS OLD.
i mean...who has anything in their fridge for 9YEARS?!?!?!?!
needless to say..i won that battle. =p

No comments:

Post a Comment